Welcome to OpenChannels, the community hub for sustainable ocean management and conservation
Join us December 5 for a webinar on an Introduction to EDF’s Virtual Fisheries Academy: empowering a global network of fishery heroes
Tuesday, December 5 at 1pm EST / 10am PST / 6pm UTC
Overfishing is a global problem that can only be overcome by a global effort to address it. To see a better future for our oceans, people around the world need the knowledge, skills and motivation to diagnose challenges and design effective solutions. EDF’s new Virtual Fisheries Academy is a free and open resource for fisheries practitioners all over the world that provides user-driven, interactive courses on key fisheries topics. With these tools, fishery managers, fishermen, scientists and other practitioners can gain the skills they need to design solutions that work best for their fisheries.
Join us as Jeff Young, Senior Specialist of Training and Design at EDF, presents current offerings and discusses how this new tool is already being used to support more fish in the water, more food on people’s plates and more prosperous communities around the world.
For more information and to register click here.
Editor's Picks of the Week
Click here to read the OpenChannels Weekly Update archives.
- News - What do you know now that you wish you knew when you got started in MPAs? Insights from practitioners
- News - Perspective: In building your MPA career, go outside your comfort zone and take calculated risks
- Literature - Exclusion and non-participation in Marine Spatial Planning
- News - The Blue Solutions Fair: Turn your challenges into solutions!
- Grant/RFP - FY18 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- News - Decision over a tiny baitfish could sway the largest East Coast fishery
- Webinar - Making Your Research Freely-Available with MarXiv: The (free!) research repository for ocean and climate-change science
- News - Launch of special initiative to address climate change impact on health in Small Island Developing States
- News - Update: After death of captured vaquita, conservationists call off rescue effort
- News - Sri Lankan Whale Researcher Calls for an End to ‘Parachute Science’
- News - Energy Bill Would Make It Easier For Companies To Harm, Kill Marine Mammals
- Job - Mediterranean MPAs Data management officer; MedPAN, the network of Mediterranean MPAs
- Introduction to EDF’s Virtual Fisheries Academy: empowering a global network of fishery heroes - Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 1pm EST / 10am PST / 6pm UTC
- The African Marine Waste Network: Inviting Participation - Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 1pm EST / 10am PST / 6pm UTC
- Ghost Fishing Gear: The Global Problem and the Global Solution - Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT / 10pm UTC / Wednesday, April 11 at 8am AEST / 10am NZST
Literature Library Updates
Click here to read the OpenChannels Literature Update archives.