DFO has identified two priority marine threats and seven freshwater priority places as the focus of this Fund.
Two marine priority threats:
- Fishing interactions (includes entanglements and bycatch of aquatic species at risk)
- Physical and acoustic disturbance (includes vessel collisions and marine noise)
Seven freshwater priority areas:
- Fraser and Columbia Watersheds Priority Area (BC);
- Rocky Mountains’ Eastern Slopes Priority Area (AB);
- Southern Prairies Priority Area (AB, SK, MB);
- Lower Great Lakes Watershed Priority Area (ON);
- Saint Lawrence Lowlands Priority Area (QC);
- Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence Rivers Priority Area (NB, NS, PEI); and
- Bay of Fundy and Southern Uplands Watersheds Priority Area (NS, NB)
To address these priority threats, and in all of these priority areas, DFO aims to fund key projects that will help slow the decline of aquatic species at risk and enable a leap forward in species recovery.
To find out more, please visit http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/species-especes/sara-lep/cnfasar-fnceap/index-e...
Please note that Expressions of Interest must be emailed to our Regional Coordinator by March 22, 2019.