In light of the challenging times facing the nation, the NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research has decided to extend the FY21 Federal Funding Opportunity pre-proposal deadline to 11:59 pm EDT on July 8, 2020 to allow the broadest participation in the funding opportunity. While the fall deadline for full submissions remains 11:59 pm EDT on October 22, 2020 for now, we will re-evaluate the appropriateness of this deadline later.
Quick links pertinent to the FY 2021 opportunity include:
- OER FY21 Notice of Funding Opportunity on Grants.gov: The FFO identifies the priority themes, provides instructions on how to apply, and has other useful information. Please read carefully and comply with all requirements.
- Funding Opportunity Cover Sheet and Accompanying Instructions: This section contains the required online cover sheet form in pdf format and accompanying instructions. The Funding Opportunity Cover Sheet must be completed in full and is required to be submitted with both the pre-proposal and full proposal.
- Environmental Compliance Questionnaire for NOAA Federal Financial Assistance Applicants: The questionnaire provides federal financial assistance applicants and NOAA staff with a tool to ensure that project and environmental information is obtained as required under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Full Proposal Budget Guidance: Applicants must use the format provided in this document to create their budget tables.
- Data Management Plan Information and Guidance: This section contains information on the NOAA data sharing and publication policy. All full proposals must include a data management plan adhering to this policy.
- Frequently Asked Questions: This is a list of frequently asked questions pertaining to OER’s FY 2021 FFO Announcement of Opportunity.
- Past Recipients: This table lists projects that have been funded via this competitive opportunity from Fiscal Year 2014 through present.