Climate Central seeks a program director to coordinate all aspects of our internal efforts and our outreach work with the environmental and scientific communities regarding impacts of failure to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Develop and implement a research and outreach strategy to enhance the positioning of our work in the environmental and scientific communities
- Work with Climate Central’s Senior Staff and Programs Directors to establish short and long-term goals—and execute to meet those goals—toward our overall internal research and outreach strategy to the scientific, media, policy, business, and environmental communities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key counterparts at major environmental and scientific organizations and institutions to integrate their ongoing communications needs with Climate Central’s ability to meet them.
- Under the leadership of VP of Creative Production, and with support of Associate Program Director, manage and coordinate Climate Central’s research and multimedia production on localized impacts of climate change, focused on the needs for local, state, and national-level campaigns.
- Coordinate the research and communications efforts of a network of scientists throughout the nation to calculate and communicate the costs of failure to carry through commitments to address climate change.
- Work with the Communications Director to develop and execute messages to expand our media coverage, and that of our scientific partners.
- Report to the VP of Creative Production.
- At least eight years experience and demonstrated success coordinating multi-line staff and managing outreach campaigns for environmental, scientific, or other non-profit organizations.
- Leadership and management experience in a large, multi-service communications or science advocacy group.
- Strong relationships with key players in environmental and energy sectors.
- Experience working on environmental outreach at local, state, and national levels considered as especially valuable.
- Lead and respond in a team setting to breaking events in the news cycle, and work in a deadline environment.
- Advanced degree or credible experience managing those with one.