As a leading biogeochemical modeller, you will apply advanced skills to undertake research into coastal water quality and provide scientific advice on management interventions and regional and global pressures.
As a senior research scientist, you will work across an inter-disciplinary team and contribute technical modelling skills, biogeochemical expertise and scientific creativity to solve complex environmental problems.
You will be capable of delivering cutting-edge research to advance the understanding of the pressures on tropical coastal marine environments. This role offers a high level of autonomy in managing a research portfolio, developing new and creative research pathways and building collaborative partnerships to advance research efforts.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leading organisation with attractive working conditions including a 9-day fortnight, generous leave entitlements, transportation to site, a salary range of $115,067 - $147,312 and 15.4% superannuation. This role is being offered for a minimum 5 year term and will be based in Townsville, Queensland.
You will have a strong reputation as a biogeochemical modeller matched by an excellent publication record, with the ability to engage extensively with key stakeholders at multiple levels. Your skills and experience will include:
- PhD and significant postdoctoral experience related to oceanography or biogeochemistry;
- Advanced numerical modelling skills and the capacity to apply existing and develop bespoke modelling packages;
- Proven ability to lead and initiate quality research efforts, fostering a collaborate research culture amongst multi-disciplinary researchers;
- Evidence of high impact publications; and
- Demonstrated experience successfully obtaining research sponsorship.