As a senior research scientist, you will lead quantitative environmental research to identify drivers of ecosystem resilience and vulnerability and predict ecosystem responses.
You will be well recognised as an expert in ecological/environmental modelling, and deliver cutting-edge research to advance the understanding of multiple and cumulative pressures on tropical marine ecosystems in support of management options.
This role offers a high level of autonomy in managing a research portfolio, developing new and creative research pathways and building collaborative partnerships to advance research efforts.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leading organisation with attractive working conditions, including a 9-day fortnight, generous leave entitlements, transportation to site, a salary range of $115,067 - $147,312 and 15.4% superannuation. This role is being offered for a minimum 5 year term and will be based in Townsville, Queensland.
You will an experienced senior scientist, with demonstrated leadership and project management skills and be able to demonstrate:
- PhD and significant research experience related to marine ecosystems;
- Advanced ecological modelling skills and expertise in tropical marine ecosystems;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster a collaborative research culture and engage with stakeholders at multiple multiple levels;
- High impact publications; and
- Demonstrated experience successfully obtaining research grants.