We are currently seeking a temporary Researcher or Senior Research Scientist to work at the Department of Geoinformatics and Cartography at the FGI in an EU-co-funded BONUS-project. In the project, next generation geospatial solutions will be developed to support maritime spatial planning. There is a possibility to undertake doctoral studies alongside work.
The qualifications required for the position are a university degree, knowledge of the area of competence and language skills.
Our expectations concerning the applicant:
- Strong ambition to work as a scientist in the leading geospatial research institute of Finland
- Programming skills and substantial experience of geospatial programmes, tools and databases
- Good knowledge of web-map applications and geospatial analysis, as well as familiarity with the operating principles of the spatial data infrastructures
- Ability to produce clear written material and give fluent presentations
- Ability to take part in an international project
- Possibility to travel
- For the position of a Researcher: An appropriate master degree (computer science/surveying science/geography)
- For the position of a Senior Research Scientist: An appropriate doctoral degree (computer sci-ence/surveying science/geography)