Miami Waterkeeper is a Miami-based nonprofit organization that advocates for South Florida’s watershed and wildlife. Our goal is to educate locals and visitors about the vital role of clean water in Miami’s clean water economy, and to empower them to take an active role in community decision-making. We hope to ensure a clean and vibrant, water-based coastal culture and ecosystem for generations to come.
Miami Waterkeeper is seeking a Communications and Outreach Director. We are looking for an individual with a passion for environmental issues, exceptional written and oral communication skills, superior grammar and editing skills, ability to work well in a team, an entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and a good sense of humor. An ideal candidate will have some graphic design skills and media training, as well as experience with planning and executing digital and social media campaigns. Education experience is a bonus. Some development experience is also highly desirable. We encourage you to apply if you are hardworking, flexible, deliverable-focused, reliable, and driven to make a positive impact on your community.
This job is located in Miami, FL. This is a full-time position with potential for evening and weekend events.
Core Job Tasks
- Write blogs (monthly)
- Update website (as needed)
- Draft newsletters (monthly)
- Design online campaigns around issues and/or fundraising goals
- Design social media campaigns
- Manage press requests
- Write press releases
Online/Website/Social Media/Database management
- Manage and grow NationBuilder database
- Develop targeted outreach lists
- Manage online information such as campaigns, petitions, events, donations, press, blogs, and other action items
- Social media management
- Grow followers that believe and support MWK mission and goals.
- Create paid social media campaigns to targeted demographics using MWK’s database and analytics of performance.
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Manage online store
- Update website (dynamically)
- Respond to web/social media inquiries
- Track or attend relevant county and city commission hearings and post relevant agenda items online
- Draft advocacy/comment letters
- Attend policy meetings
- Conduct policy research
- Manage petitions/sign on letters
- Any other germane work as requested by the Executive Director
- Manage membership and benefits
- Attend meetings on behalf of Waterkeeper
- Run community outreach events along with Program Director
- Assist with volunteer events along with Program Director
- Manage interns/student projects
- Assist Program Director in the execution and development of Junior Ambassador program
In addition, we are a small and hardworking team, and we need our team members to remain flexible and to be willing to assist with all necessary tasks.
Salary commensurate with experience