Miami Waterkeeper is a Miami-based nonprofit organization that advocates for South Florida’s watershed and wildlife. Our goal is to educate the public about the vital role of clean water in Miami’s clean water economy, and to empower them to take an active role in community decision-making. We hope to ensure a clean and vibrant, water-based coastal culture and ecosystem for generations to come.
Miami Waterkeeper is seeking a Development and Outreach Director. We are looking for an individual with a passion for environmental issues, exceptional written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills, an outgoing and friendly personality, ability to work well in a team, an entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and a good sense of humor. An ideal candidate will have experience building donor relationships and fundraising plans from the beginning, as well as event and online campaign experience. Ability to attend events and activities outside of normal work hours is a must. We encourage you to apply if you are hardworking, flexible, organized, deliverable-focused, reliable, and driven to make a positive impact on your community.
This job is located in Miami, FL. This is a full-time position with potential for evening and weekend events.
Core Job Tasks
This is a broad description of all tasks anticipated. In addition, we are a small and hardworking team, and we need our team members to remain flexible and to be willing to assist with all necessary tasks.
- Identify and cultivate new and existing donors in line with Miami Waterkeeper’s mission
- Solicit financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations o Foster existing donor relationships including major gifts and grassroots campaigns.
- Engage with donors in a professional and meaningful way to emphasize their role in furthering our mission
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan
- Compile yearly budget in coordination with Executive Director
- Develop and execute fundraising campaigns and strategies
- Develop and execute events
- Draft giving newsletters/asks
- Manage grants and identify new grant opportunities
- Develop and track reports for grant requirements
- Design and implement Board of Directors and Board of Trustees engagement programs
- Synthesize outcomes and deliverables in yearly report
- Manage membership and benefits
- Grow membership base through grassroots development
- Work with existing staff in developing marketing materials, fundraising campaigns, and social media outreach for giving
- Organize and plan annual fundraising event (Gala)
- Attend meetings on behalf of Waterkeeper
- Run community outreach events along with Program Director
- Assist with volunteer events along with Program Director
- Remain current on fundraising best practices, including database management
Salary commensurate with experience.