The Satilla Riverkeeper is a member supported, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to protecting, restoring and educating about the beautiful and unique Satilla River. The Satilla River is a blackwater coastal river located in Southeast Georgia, with the office stationed in Nahunta, GA (Brantley County). We advocate for the right to swimmable, fishable, and drinkable waters for all to enjoy.
Satilla Riverkeeper is seeking a motivated and skilled Administrative and Development Assistant to assist the Executive Director in fulfilling our mission by ensuring ample operating funds are generated for the organization through fundraising and ‘friend-raising’, engaging the public to be good stewards of our water resources, and assisting in day-to-day operations of the Satilla Riverkeeper organization. The Assisstant will also participate in effective statewide coalitions working to effect positive change for our water and natural resource
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Fundraising and Development (60%)
- Management of membership/donor database (Giftworks)
- Assistance with fundraising efforts including but not limited to donation appeals, thank you letters, membership renewals, online donation drives, developing major donors.
- Major assistance in planning, executing, and reporting for events. Typically, Satilla Riverkeeper hosts an oyster roast, fishing tournament, gala, and river clean-up each year. Other events may be added to the calendar as needed.
- Assist the Executive Director (ED) in researching, writing, tracking, and reporting for grants.
- Assist the ED in recruiting, managing, and tracking volunteer contributions.
- Explore new development strategies to support Satilla Riverkeeper’s mission.
Communications and Public Relations (30%)
- Produce marketing, public relations, and educational material to explain, promote, and engage the public in the programs and mission of Satilla Riverkeeper.
- Assist with communications through emails, newsletters, and social media.
- Assist in website maintenance and content creation.
- Assist with media relations via press releases.
- Assist with clerical tasks as needed.
- Assist with filing, organization, and recordkeeping.
- Maintain stocks of office supplies.
- Manage mailings.
- Assist with general errands as needed.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Additional support for Riverkeeper/ED as needed.
- Experience in fundraising or development in a nonprofit is highly preferred, but not required.
- Independent worker, who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Technology-proficient professional, who has experience with digital technology, fundraising software (ideally Giftworks), databases, and Microsoft Office Suite, and is open to learning more.
- Knowledge of watershed concepts, environmental policy, natural history, or ecology of southeast Georgia, or interest and ability to learn.
- Takes initiative without being asked, multi-tasks, predicts and prevents problems, meets deadlines, and facilitates efficient and effective organization operations.
- Team-player willing to contribute to a positive, yet professional, working environment in a mission-driven organization.
This position pays $19/hr. About 20 hours a week, flexible hours, requiring some work on evenings and weekends. Schedule to be set/approved by Executive Director.
Some professional development opportunities may be available. Reimbursement for work related expenses, as approved by ED. Telework options available.