Are you passionate about conservation and sustainable resource management? Are you exceptionally organized and possess superior project management capabilities? Do you enjoy creating structure and efficiency out of chaos? Are you a Jack/Jane of all trades who wants to help the company division realize its enormous potential with a can do attitude? If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to dip your hands into a little bit of everything in a dynamic company division environment with global ambitions and a desire to save the planet, we are looking for you!
About the Organization ERG, founded in 1984 and headquartered in the Boston area, has helped its clients protect the environment, improve worker health and safety, ensure the safety of food and drugs, and develop and implement strategies for sustainability. Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG, founded in 2005 and merged with ERG at the end of 2016, is a management consulting firm, with a portfolio of more than 150 projects completed for clients internationally and in the U.S. We are a division with less than 10 people, but function as part of the larger company with 400+ employees.
Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG, specializes in providing its clients with strategies to enhance and develop durable and sustainable solutions through the use of innovative and practical tools. Our consulting engagements include strategic planning/business planning, organizational effectiveness, sustainable financing of protected areas, monitoring and evaluation, integrating science into policy and management, resource management and sustainable practices. Our core services in these areas include research and writing, project management, facilitation, grant writing, and modeling, all with a specific emphasis on white water to blue water ecosystems and issues. We work with diverse clients, from foundations to inter-governmental organizations (IGOs), governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), universities, and businesses. We tailor each project to our clients’ needs and deliver the highest quality, solutions-oriented products in a timely, strategic, and professional manner. We are committed to going above and beyond for our clients. For more information, please visit www.blueearthconsultants.com.
The ideal candidate is happiest doing a little bit of everything, thrives in environments with significant variety in job responsibilities, and is team player.
Primary Responsibilities: The main duties of the Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of winning proposal strategies
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis research and analysis, and modeling
- Development of PowerPoint presentations and high-quality reports for client deliverables
- Ensuring that the quality of deliverable is of the consistently high standard necessary to obtain and maintain Blue Earth’s recognition as a company division of choice
- Conduct social science interviews, either in-person or over the phone
- Lead and support project components and full projects, where necessary
- Responsibly manage team members on tasks and project teams as required for successful completion of each project
- Present project findings to various stakeholder groups, both informally and formally
- Support cultivation and expansion of the company division’s existing client base
Qualifications: Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional project management and organizational capabilities
- Proficiency at managing multiple projects with tight and often competing deadlines
- Experience in our 7 service areas and areas of expertise as described on our website
- Possession of a methodical, analytical, strategic, diligent, and creative approach to problem solving and decision-making
- Quantitative data analysis skills; modeling skills
- Ability to produce products in a timely fashion through collaborative processes and to work effectively with diverse partners from public and private institutions
- Command of strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to distill critical information from diverse and detailed sources across disciplines, and translating that information between technical experts and more general audiences
- Strong, personal commitment to realizing the mission, and adhering to the values, of Blue Earth Consultants
- The unshakeable ability to maintain neutrality and objectivity for clients and stakeholder projects, and in the interest of facilitating the meeting of minds with divergent motivations
- High sense of professionalism, maturity, and discretion as appropriate to the nature and sensitivity of our clients and projects
- Manage sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality
Knowledge and Experience
- Interdisciplinary training in marine, fisheries, and ocean and coastal sustainable resource management, sustainable finance, organizational effectiveness, communications, and/or public policy
- PhD with 1-2 years relevant experience strongly preferred. Minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant field and 3-5 years relevant experience
- Solid understanding of natural resource issues and solutions
- Experience with strategic planning, applied research, monitoring and evaluation, and integrating data into decision-making about complex environmental issues; an understanding of the challenges of achieving this integration
- Familiarity with social science concepts and the application of social science to achieve ecosystem management and/or resource conservation objectives
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability and practice in synthesizing and translating quantitative and qualitative data and information to provide scientific frameworks for practicable solutions to sensitive issues
- Experience managing programs, contractors, and facilitating groups
- Experience with obtaining funding
- Experience with delivering on multiple projects
- Excellent skills working with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Spanish a plus for our overseas projects
Location: The position will be based in the offices of Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG, in Oakland, California. Some travel within California, possibly elsewhere in the U.S. and abroad will be required.