The Communications Specialist II will provide support to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR) Climate Program Office (CPO).
- Provide expert-level written and oral communications to assist program in relaying clear, concise, understandable information to various target audiences.
- Establish and maintain communications between NOAA, OAR, universities, academia, other government agencies and non-governmental agencies via newsletters, exchange of stories and features, etc.
- Works with project managers to develop, execute and manage comprehensive long term strategic communications plan for the program and yearly actionable plan for development of suitable content.
- Develop audience-appropriate talking points and written communication for the program’s senior management.
- Support the program in planning and facilitating inter-agency and intra-agency working groups and collaborative projects for public engagements, events and displays for each instance.
- Communicate scientific data and information through visual means. Such work includes but is not limited to the design, production, and display of photographs, illustrations, diagrams, graphs and graphics, data visualizations, data animations, videos, physical displays (such as models or live demonstrations), slides, and charts for publication on the Internet or in books, magazines, pamphlets, exhibits, live or video recorded speeches or lectures, and other means of communicating. Iterate with NOAA until the information is scientifically accurate, understandable, and usable by the targeted audience.
- Upload stories, videos and pictures to NOAA and OAR/CPO websites on a daily and weekly basis.
- Provide technical and scientific writing and editing expertise in support of public communication products for publication on the Web, digital media, and printed products - including audience-targeted descriptions of ocean knowledge, graphs, images, and other data; explanations of Website features and functionality; and scientist profiles.
- Design a new OOMD website meets NOAA’s guidelines and coordinate its rollout with NOAA communications teams. Provide updates to this website with current project outcomes and program highlights.
- Organize and facilitate workshops, town halls, seminars, and meetings with various target audiences and partner organizations to promote information exchange.
- Provide expert level support and develop a visual information strategy for program emphasizing cross-platform visual and graphical consistency.
- Attend necessary events and conferences to publicize project mission and purpose. Including making presentations on behalf of the program.
- Develop and maintain content as needed for the monthly ocean observing community newsletter, highlighting recent news and feature stories and their related social media impact
- Experience developing/writing/editing web and social media content
- 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Master’s degree in Communications, Production, or other related field of study from an accredited University required
- Knowledge of NOAA systems, services, research, and/or programs
- Policy background experience at a Federal Agency
CollabraLink is a fast growing CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3, Small Business professional services firm. Founded in 2003, CollabraLink has long established ourselves as a value-add partner assisting our customers in solving their most difficult problems. We bring expertise across a wide variety of IT and Mission Support services driving significant results for our customers.
We actively practice the philosophy that empowered employees make successful teams. That’s why we strive to put employees in positions where they can grow, both personally and professionally. CollabraLink offers a full suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.