Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
●CEDAC and CDD Scientific Oversight :
Create Annual Science Plan that covers both CEDAC and CDD science objectives and goals and includes projected outcomes and progress monitoring. Plan also should reflect expected partner activities.
1. Provide required reports and briefings on status of the CDD partner activities
2. Convene and/or participate in regular meetings to discuss status of objectives, goals, and outcomes.
●Research Program Development:
1. Enhance the understanding of historical trends, anomalies, and the frequency of coastal and marine event occurrences;
2. Investigate and develop opportunities for data synthesis including data fusion, harmonization, and visualization;
3. Investigate, develop and transition innovative data stewardship solutions to enhance NOAA’s data management and dissemination capabilities;
4. Identify and lead development of integrated coastal and marine data products and use-inspired services;
5. Support Research to Operations (R20) and/or R2O and /or R2X depending on the NOAA
6. Research Readiness Level (See NOAA Administrative Order 216-105A)
7. Lead grant proposal writing and publishing of results from the scientific work;
8. Mentor students and early career scientists
● Ph.D. in Oceanography, Marine Sciences or related field.
● US Citizen.
● Ability to receive a Department of Commerce moderate risk clearance.
● Documented scientific program management experience.
● Demonstrated ability to adequately manage multiple science-based projects simultaneously with superior results.
● Demonstrated ability to compose peer-reviewed papers, technical reports and make oral presentations.
● Computer literate and experienced with common word processing, database, and office applications.
● Quantitative data analysis skills including experience with time series analysis and data aggregation.
● Experience with statistical programs (SAS, SPSS) or programming languages (MatLab, R, Python)
● Existing Department of Commerce moderate risk clearance
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s). Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online. For additional information, contact Alice Chandler at alice [at] hpc.msstate.edu.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.