Responsibilities: Working with SURMAR  Director Dr. William Gilly (Stanford University), representatives of several supporting organizations, and local stakeholders, the Director of Research and Operations will:
- Plan, implement, and coordinate programs designed to establish, grow, and sustain a scientific research-education center that is focused on habitats, taxa, and physical and biological processes of the Gulf of California;
- Oversee final construction, set up, and operation of the SURMAR laboratory;
- Participate and gradually assume a leadership role in ongoing marine monitoring and fisheries projects in the area of the Vizcaino Biosphere Reserve, Guaymas Basin, and surrounding areas;
- Conceive of, communicate, secure funding for, and implement strategic initiatives and projects consistent with SURMAR’s mission; and
- Hire staff and direct activities on SURMAR-sponsored projects.
Qualifications: PhD with marine science and fisheries background. Fluent in Spanish and English. Willing to live in Santa Rosalia, BCS, México.
Important: Please download and read the attached file for a more detailed description of the position, responsibilities, qualifications, and application process. Note that we are evaluating applications as they come in and will stop accepting applications when someone is hired for the position.
For more information, contact Cleve Steward (cleve.steward [at] gmail.com)
 Sustainable Utilization and Research of the Mar De Cortés/Aprovechamiento Sustentable e Investigación del Centro Mar de Cortés. www.oceanfdn.org/projects/host-project/surmar-asimar