The Alaska Fisheries Science Center seeks a permanent Supervisory Fish and Wildlife Administrator (ZP-0480-5) to serve as the Director of its Auke Bay Laboratories. The individual selected will perform the following duties:
- Leads professionals in researching fish and other aquatic species populations and their habitats to inform management and to benefit the public.
- Formulates and carries out research promoting application of program results through publications, presentations, or authoritative reports or analyses.
- Provides leadership in planning and executing a multi-million dollar annual budget, including developing strategies to support priority research facilities in Alaska, and seeks temporary or external funding to support special projects.
- Supervises staff, including conducting personnel management, mentoring and developing staff, promoting diversity and inclusion, addressing morale issues, and following merit principles in hiring and training.
- Represents ABL in external events and activities, including with the Alaska Regional Office, North Pacific Fishery Management Council, City and Borough of Juneau, with NMFS Headquarters Offices, with academic institutions, with the State of Alaska, fishing industries, and with other regional, national and international bodies as assigned.
Apply or more information at https://www.usajobs.gov.