FishWise is seeking a Project Manager to provide internal management and support to the Chief of Party (COP) and team for the multi-stakeholder Seafood Alliance for Legality and Traceability (SALT) project. Working with the Chief of Party, the Project Manager will be charged with planning and executing a variety of key processes that will progress the work of SALT to improve traceability in seafood supply chains, fisheries management, and biodiversity for a USAID program. This role will be tasked with ensuring the team is progressing and tracking against the strategic plan, and will provide the team with timely and effective work related to traceability and illegal fishing. The ideal candidate will have strong personal and interpersonal communication skills, a passion for ocean stewardship, and superior project management experience.
In coordination with the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will assist in coordinating strategic convenings and implementing a knowledge management platform.
This position reports to the SALT Senior Project Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following and other duties as assigned to support SALT’s strategic and long-term goals:
- Review technical documents, reports, legislation, and news on traceability and illegal fishing to: 1) stay educated, updated and informed on latest developments, 2) summarize into briefing documents for diverse audiences and, 3) use this information and resulting deliverables to inform the activities, work plan, and strategic plan of SALT.
- Support the development of knowledge management tools and approaches that enhance program implementation and expand upon experience in the traceability field.
- Collaborate with the project team to provide quick and accurate program information as needed.
- Draft blog posts, grey literature, and overviews of peer reviewed journal articles of learnings in the eCDT space.
- Conduct information reviews to identify important and relevant documents for counter-IUU fishing, seafood traceability, etc. for the website.
- With support of project leadership, develop and manage content on project website.
- Develop and manage information-sharing resources for the project, ensure website is current, and that project team members are aware of updates to disseminate to stakeholders and partners.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)
- Contribute to preparation of donor reports and compile program data for review by team members.
- Conduct first-line review and analysis of data routinely reported to the project.
- Support the monitoring and documentation of project progress against stated objectives and outputs.
- Support the MEL work and data collection as needed.
- Provide project management support and contribute to and organize logistics for the SALT team.
- Prepare agendas for and schedule team and/or department meetings.
- Document outcomes including decisions, assignments, pending action items, and due dates.
- Work with project team members to prepare materials for presentations.
- Provide backstopping to other team members, as needed.
- Support project awareness and advocacy goals through social media, including Instagram and Twitter.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Two plus years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor’s degree required; or an advanced degree
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt communication styles to effectively work with diverse stakeholders around the globe
- Experience breaking down complex topics and documents into materials that can be easily understood by a variety of target audiences
- Ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple simultaneous work streams
- Experience working in a collaborative office and professional environment
- Experience working with USAID implementing projects, highly preferred
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to work with limited oversight
- A basic understanding of the global seafood traceability and counter-IUU fishing landscape a plus
- Excellent Mac-computer skills including Microsoft Office & Adobe Suite
- Ability to quickly learn and use project management software (e.g. Zoho, G-Suite) and other programs
- Experience with data collection and analysis, and an eye for detail desired
- Open to giving and receiving feedback to support productivity and a positive team dynamic
- Ability to maintain a flexible mindset and be willing to adapt for the needs of the project or organization as needed
- Philanthropic mindset, open to engaging in fund development activities to support the culture of philanthropy at FishWise
- Dedication and passion for the stewardship of the oceans, biodiversity, food security, and human rights
Hours and Benefits
- This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC or the FishWise office in Santa Cruz, CA
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package
- Office hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- Occasional business travel and personal transportation is required
Apply Here: https://fishwise.org/about-us/careers/