ABOUT 11TH HOUR RACING
11th Hour Racing, a Newport, RI based organization, is committed to an innovative approach blending sports sponsorship and philanthropic giving to protect the health of our oceans and waters. We are looking for a truly exceptional person to join the 11th Hour Racing team to enhance our external communications and help to advance projects that protect and restore ocean health.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
11th Hour Racing is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an atmosphere where diversity of identity, experience, and background are welcomed, valued and supported. 11th Hour Racing believes that diversity brings about greater sustainability on all levels and aims to use its resources to generate greater social and environmental diversity through its grant-making and other related investments. 11th Hour Racing is committed to considering candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability and any other status protected under applicable law, and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
The Communications Coordinator will support overall efforts to drive visibility and interest for 11th Hour Racing while enhancing the brand identity and narrative of the organization, its mission, and projects. The Communications Coordinator must have an outstanding work ethic, be highly organized, and able to thrive with a highly productive schedule and tight deadlines within a small team. A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in communications, public relations, and digital media is required.
This regular full-time position is based in Newport, RI and reports to the Communications Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with implementation of communications strategy across all media platforms to raise awareness of 11th Hour Racing, its sponsorships, grantees, and ambassadors.
- Support with content creation, sign-off, and distribution: editing and proofreading press releases, website blogs, social media posts, media collaterals, talking points, newsletters and other communications for internal and external use.
- Assist communications team in preparing internal and/or external reports and presentations, including metric tracking and analysis towards goals.
- Support with website updates, including copy and visual content, and build of website pages on a Wordpress backend.
- Assist with maintaining and implementing content plans and calendars.
- Organize, manage and grow international media lists on select digital platforms.
- Provide administrative assistance to communications staff: handling functions such as responding to email/telephone inquiries, scheduling calls, and meetings, composing memos and other general correspondence, organizing and maintaining program files and documents using shared digital platforms, managing subscriptions to organizations and publications.
- Provide administrative assistance for branding assets across all projects including collecting, organizing, and distributing photo and video archives.
- Manage global media monitoring, analysis and reporting (social media, website, media monitoring).
- Provide assistance with other projects and activities as assigned.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL, & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Brings a passion for the mission of 11th Hour Racing, with a desire to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative, small team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, organizational communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English.
- Strong organizational capabilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface and coordinate professionally with a number of diverse internal and external contacts.
- Flexibility to work simultaneously on a wide range of projects and ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work legally in the United States.
- Ability to work in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
- College degree or equivalent education in communications, public relations, marketing or related field, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in communications/PR/Media related field strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Wordpress, MS Office, Social Media Platforms, Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc).
- Experience with analysis of public relations efforts, digital marketing and advertising strongly preferred.
- Experience with media monitoring and reporting, social media insights, and graphic design, strongly preferred.
- Interest in sports and the environment strongly preferred.
This position does not supervise any employees.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, the candidate must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. This position primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 15 pounds, kneeling, and bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes.
Employees must adhere to all applicable organizational policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Willingness and ability to travel and work non-standard business hours, such as nights and weekends, on an as-needed basis is required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands. Background check will be conducted to final candidate.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits provided. Relocation assistance is not provided; candidates must reside within commuting distance of Newport, RI or relocate at their own expense.
To apply please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter. All applications must be submitted through Indeed.com; no phone calls please.
Closing Date: Friday, May 3, 2019 Anticipated Start Date: June/July 2019