Are you passionate about conservation and sustainable resource management? Are you exceptionally organized and possess superior research and writing capabilities? Do you enjoy finding innovative solutions and creating structure and efficiency out of chaos? Are you someone with diverse talents who wants to help the company realize its enormous potential with a can do attitude? If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to explore a little bit of everything in a dynamic work environment with global ambitions and a desire to save the planet, we are looking for you!
About the Organization Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG), founded in 1984 and headquartered in the Boston area, has helped its clients protect the environment, improve worker health and safety, ensure the safety of food and drugs, and develop and implement strategies for sustainability. Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG, founded in 2005 and merged with ERG at the end of 2016, is a management consulting firm, with a portfolio of more than 150 projects completed for clients internationally and in the U.S. We are a division with less than 10 people, but function as part of the larger company with 400+ employees.
Blue Earth Consultants, a Division of ERG, specializes in providing its clients with strategies to enhance and develop durable and sustainable solutions through the use of innovative and practical tools. Our consulting engagements include strategic planning/business planning, organizational effectiveness, sustainable financing of protected areas, monitoring and evaluation, integrating science into policy and management, resource management and sustainable practices. Our core services in these areas include research and writing, project management, facilitation, grant writing, and modeling, all with a specific emphasis on white water to blue water ecosystems and issues. We work with diverse clients, from foundations to inter-governmental organizations (IGOs), governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), universities, and businesses. We tailor each project to our clients’ needs and deliver the highest quality, solutions-oriented products in a timely, strategic, and professional manner. We are committed to going above and beyond for our clients. For more information, please visit www.blueearthconsultants.com.
The ideal candidate is happiest doing a little bit of everything, thrives in environments with significant variety in job responsibilities, and is team player.
Primary Responsibilities: The main duties of the Research Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct primarily web-based and document background research on a variety of environmental, institutional, and organizational issues and extract relevant information and data
- Assist in scheduling
- Support the design and development of PowerPoint presentations
- Draft basic written documents
- Conduct social science interviews, either in-person or over the phone
- Perform high-level data analysis, under the guidance of Senior Analysts and Directors
- Support projects where necessary, including note-taking, editing, and some coordination
- Support the production of high-quality reports and proposals
- Perform office administrative activities and in some cases managing them from start to finish
- Represent the Division at Bay Area networking events (e.g., Blue Drinks)
- The ideal candidate has a strong interest in environmental issues, a positive self-starter attitude in performing the range of tasks described above, and some experience with office administration.
- Possession of a methodical, analytical, strategic, diligent, and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to produce products in a timely fashion through collaborative processes
- Ability to conduct research efficiently and effectively using online tools, as well as periodicals and other print resources
- Fast typing speed (40+ words per minute)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs, including Word, PowerPoint, and basic statistical functions in Excel and reference software such as EndNote
- Strong, personal commitment to realizing the mission, and adhering to the values of Blue Earth Consultants
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience
- Interdisciplinary training in natural resource, environmental/marine science, resource conservation/management, communications, and/or policy preferred
- Spanish speaking/writing skills are also a strong plus
Job ID: OAKTH0516192A11 Eastern Research Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability