As a Research Economist, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a member of the economic and social science research team at the regional fishery science center to contribute to research programs in accordance with stakeholders’ needs.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of research efforts, expert knowledge of and guidance on economic research methods, products, and information.
- Work with partners at NMFS Regional Offices and the regional Fishery Management Councils to help improve applied economic analyses and adequacy of research goals and direction.
- Support the implementation of studies to address information needs such as the effects of fisheries regulations and policies on fishers, fishing families, and fishing communities to gather and analyze data and information, as well as develop materials to convey the findings.
- Disperse results and findings of economic analyses through scientific outlets, including publications and presentations at conferences, as well as to stakeholders and the public.