Please note there are two similar positions:
Blue Solutions is a global project funded by the International Climate Initiative (IKI). It was jointly implemented from 2013 to 2018 by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, the Global Resource Information Database (GRID-Arendal), the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the United Nations (UN Environment). The project focused on developing and setting up a global platform for exchanging and spreading knowledge on how to sustainably use marine and coastal biodiversity and on capacity development among key political and technical stakeholders in this field. The subsequent provision of an additional EUR 3 million for the project commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) is designed to consolidate the global partnership and strengthen national and regional partner institutions. This will enable them to contribute more effectively to implementing the strategic plans of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the Post-2020 Biodiversity Framework to protect, sustainably use and restore marine and coastal biodiversity.
- Launching and providing support for (digital) knowledge management processes in the field of marine and coastal biodiversity at GIZ within the IKI together with implementation partners and in the international marine community
- Developing a systematic learning process to benefit from the results of pilot initiatives in further practice
- Advising on sustainable funding and institutionalisation of the PANORAMA knowledge platform https://panorama.solutions/en
- Independently organising international events and expert assignments Maintaining and expanding networks with multilateral organisations, civil society organisations and academia on topical marine and coastal issues
- Supporting project managers with strategic planning and knowledge management Supporting project managers in managing and expanding the international partnership between IUCN, GRID-Arendal and UN Environment.
- University-level degree in economics, social sciences, communications, political sciences, environmental sciences, climate sciences, marine biology or geography
- In-depth experience in setting up and implementing (digital) knowledge management processes, and in maintaining networks
- Experience abroad and a network of contacts in the international marine community would be an advantage
- Outstanding communications skills, excellent moderating skills and strategic intuition
- Organisational talent
- Team player, independent, resilient, reliable and creative
- Very good English language skills; a further widely spoken language would be a benefit, German language skills is an advantage
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise The willingness for business trips once in a while is expected
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.