Faculty - Marine Biology
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Faculty - Science - Geology, Earth Sciences, and Oceanography
- Faculty - Science - Biology
- Faculty - Agriculture - Environmental Science, Ecology, and Forestry
Open Until Filled
The Department of Marine and Environmental Sciences (DoMES) at the Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography of Nova Southeastern University (NSU) seeks a new faculty member as part of an ongoing multi-year and multidisciplinary hiring initiative.
- Ph.D. in a field related to marine sciences that complements NSU strengths in Coral Reef Research, Deep Sea Ecology, and Fish Biology / Fisheries;
- Commitment to teaching in an interdisciplinary undergraduate/graduate marine and environmental sciences;
- Clearly defined research program that has and will continue to produce peer-reviewed publications;
- Ability to seek and obtain external funding.
Responsibilities: Balance of graduate and undergraduate teaching, student advising, and extramurally-funded research.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
General: The DoMES (https://cnso.nova.edu/marine_environmental/index.html) offers BS, MS, and PhD degrees in Marine Science and Environmental Science. It is one of four departments within the Halmos College and serves undergraduate and graduate students via full-time and part-time faculty. Teaching and research centers on tropical marine ecosystems, including coral reefs, deep sea ecology, fish biology / fisheries, and physical oceanography. The Oceanographic Campus is situated in Hollywood, FL with ready access to ocean environments (https://www.nova.edu/locations/oceanographic-center.html). NSU is the 25th largest US private, not-for-profit university.
How to apply: Submit application at https://www.nsujobs.com, position 998753, by July 31, 2019. This application should contain: (1) application, (2) curriculum vitae containing list of publications, h-factor, teaching experience, and track-record of previous and/or current extramural funding, (3) teaching and research statements, and (4) the names and contact information of three professional references who can attest for the candidate’s research and teaching experience, from whom the search committee chair can solicit letters of recommendation. You may be required to merge some of these documents during the online submission.
Enquiries: Dr. Bernhard Riegl (rieglb [at] nova.edu), Chair of the Department of Marine and Environmental Science.
Dr. Bernhard Riegl Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography Nova Southeastern University
Online App. Form: