Lynker is seeking an experienced Socioeconomist to help incorporate social science and economic approaches into NOAA’s Coral Reef Conservation Program’s activities. The Socioeconomist will be responsible for:
- Leading social science program implementation, partnership cultivation, and provision of strategic direction for coral reef social science activities.
- Providing input to the Social Science Strategic Planning and Implementation processes and implementing and updating social science strategies.
- Providing technical assistance to State and Territory partners in social science planning and project design as well as data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Overseeing implementation of the socioeconomic components of the National Coral Reef Monitoring Program (NCRMP).
- Building capacity for social science among domestic and priority international partners and providing technical support for implementation of social science research including monitoring programs and socioeconomic surveys.
- Reviewing and providing input on domestic and international proposals with social science components.
- Providing timely, accurate, and relevant social science information and data products to partners and via web pages and other relevant portals.
- M.S. degree in social science, economics, or other relevant field, Ph. D preferred
- 3+ years of experience implementing social science surveys and coordinating social science activities
- 2+ years of experience conducting social science research including collecting and analyzing data and also presenting and publishing results
- Experience cultivating partnerships with federal, state, and local agencies and entities
- Experience in helping coastal managers better understand and incorporate the socioeconomic context into coastal management programs
- Exceptional communication and coordination skills
- Experience working within a federal agency environment
- Knowledge of national coral reef socioeconomic issues
- Experience or familiarity with integrating socioeconomic and biophysical monitoring data
- Familiarity with the Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network
- Understanding global trends in coral valuation and coral conservation perceptions
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.