Makes technical recommendations to the Salmonid Enhancement Scientist and the Fisheries Program Manager regarding the application of salmonid biology to make improvements to the tribe’s hatchery enhancement and harvest programs. Conducts training, oversees and performs specialized stock assessment sample collections, and performs routine fish culture at State and Tribal fish hatcheries. Coordinates and trains employees in conducting field surveys and biological sample collections in regional fisheries, hatcheries, and natural spawning grounds as instructed. Prepares and analyzes samples in the Tulalip Stock Assessment Laboratory (TSAL), and conducts advanced technical writing, spreadsheet, database, and statistical analyses and summarization of data according to prescribed procedures. Prepares grant applications and technical reports concerning monitoring, research, and operational and facilities improvements for the tribe’s enhancement program. Performs other duties as requested by Tribal management. May be eligible for tax-exempt status per Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 7873.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science
- Specialized education in the field of enhancement biology, fish hatchery management, salmonid culture and enhancement, and/or prior specialized laboratory experience in fishery stock assessment or related laboratory experience in biological sample processing is highly preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years' work experience in the field of fisheries biological sciences.
A Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences may substitute for prior work experience.
- Must pass the Stock Assessment and Laboratory Techniques Exam during the interview process.
- WA State Driver’s License. (Abstract Required)
- Must pass a Tier II background investigation.
Terms of Employment: This is a regular Full-Time position requiring 40 hours per week or 2,080 hours per year.
Regular working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. although working additional time, and outside of these hours, (Flex Hours) is often required.