Save The Waves Coalition is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting surf ecosystems around the world. We work in partnership with local communities to realize this mission through protected areas, stewardship and mobilization, with active projects in Mexico, US, Chile, Indonesia, Brazil, Australia and Portugal. Our goal is to protect 1000 surf ecosystems by 2030 and mobilize one million people as part of the solution.
The Operations Director will be responsible for overseeing the operations and finances of the organization, managing grant reporting and HR, and helping create organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the ED and Finance Manager. Working with the STW team, the position contributes to the development and implementation of the new strategic plan, policies and best practices. This position will interact with the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Manage the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission -- specifically, support management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Oversee risk management
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including setting Objectives and Key Result Areas with staff.
- Work with Finance Manager to oversee financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Manage budget in coordination with the Executive Director
- Oversee HR and support workplace culture
- Manage Payroll, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits
- Direct organization of financial / legal / HR documents
- Assist in development of fundraising systems and management
- Strong background and work experience in Operations, Finance and Human Resources
- 5 years’ experience in Non-Profit Administration preferred
- Graduate Degree in MBA / Non-Profit Management / Organizational Development, preferred but not required
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, G-suite, QuickBooks and Salesforce CRM, and other technology solutions
- Demonstrated leadership in managing international staff and major projects or initiatives
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of surfing and surf culture preferred
- Working knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese, or Indonesian preferred, but not required
Please respond via jobs [at] savethewaves.org. Submit resume or CV, three references and cover letter No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Save the Waves is an equal opportunity employer.