As a Fish Biologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Implement the goal of protecting, restoring, and managing species protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
- Develop, provide, and disseminate outreach and education plans and products related to protected species conservation and recovery.
- Coordinate and facilitate conservation forums, workshops, and meetings; and maintain multi-stakeholder partnerships by providing technical expertise on marine conservation.
- Utilize existing or research new technologies and outreach approaches (e.g., social marketing, apps, etc.) to convey information to a variety of audiences and enhance reporting of fishery and other human interactions to the Marine Mammal Health and Stranding Response Program.
- Conduct gap analyses to inform priorities and outreach strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of outreach efforts to reduce bycatch in commercial and recreational fisheries, and address other anthropogenic threats.
NOTE: These duties are described at the full performance level of the GS-12, the GS-11 is developmental leading to such performance.