Request for Proposals ACP Policy Research and Coordination Consultant DUE: Monday, January 27th, 2020 5 pm Pacific Time (PT)
The Aquarium Conservation Partnership (ACP) seeks a qualified, independent consultant (the “Consultant”) to conduct policy research and analysis, and coordinate policy-related activities, in support of ACP’s ocean and freshwater conservation goals. This is a remote position with some required travel.
The Aquarium Conservation Partnership (ACP) is a unique collaboration of 22 U.S. public aquariums designed to increase the collective impact of its members on four key conservation goals.
- Protect ocean and freshwater ecosystems and wildlife.
- Reduce the sources of ocean and freshwater plastic pollution.
- Improve the sustainability of U.S. fisheries and aquaculture.
- Combat climate change and its impacts on ocean and freshwater health.
ACP uses policy change as a primary strategy for achieving its conservation goals. To accomplish this change, ACP aquariums leverage their science-based credibility with visitors and online audiences, as well as their influence with government leaders and in the business community. ACP provides information and guidance to members on policy-related issues, and serves as a “strategic table” for members to co-develop and implement policy-related actions to advance shared conservation goals.
Scope of Work
The Consultant will conduct the following activities:
- Track, research and analyze issues and policies related to ACP conservation goals.
- Develop and deliver briefing memos, fact sheets, comment letters, talking points, social media content, webinars and other types of written and verbal communications to convey policy-related information to multiple audiences.
- Assist the ACP Director and Chair of the ACP Policy Work Group in coordinating all policy-related activities of the ACP, including the administration of calls and in-person meetings.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of ocean and freshwater issues and policy, particularly at the federal level.
- A proven and successful history of effectively researching, synthesizing, and communicating complex policy information for the purpose of advancing strategic action.
- Demonstrated ability in supporting effective and productive coalitions.
- Knowledge and experience in researching and/or advancing climate-related policy.
Total contract value is negotiable based on the level of service and experience. Seeking 12-month commitment at approximately 30 hours per week.
Submission of Proposals
- Deadline for proposals is Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5 pm Pacific Time (PT).
- Proposals must be submitted as a single PDF via email with ACP Policy Consultant and your last name in the subject line to Kim McIntyre, ACP Director, at kmcintyre [at] mbayaq.org. Inquiries may also be made to this address.
- The submitted proposal must include (as a single pdf document):
- The name, address, telephone, and email of the applicant.
- Statement of ability to perform required tasks (not to exceed 3 pages).
- A short writing sample (not to exceed 3 pages).
- Names of 3 professional references.
- Desired compensation.
Finalists may be contacted for interviews by the ACP selection committee. A final decision is expected by February 5, 2020.