11th Hour Racing Position Description Sponsorship Intern (Part-Time) Worksite: Newport, RI Remote Work: No Preferred Start Date: Early May or Early June 2020 Preferred End Date: August 2020, flexible Details: Part-time 2-4 days/week, hours to be agreed; required full-time availability July 10-19
SUMMARY 11th Hour Racing, a Newport RI-based organization, is committed to an innovative approach blending sport sponsorship and philanthropic giving to protect the health of our oceans and waters. We are looking for a mature college student interested in sport management, sport sponsorship and, ideally, the intersection of sport and sustainability to join our team for Summer 2020. The intern will work with our small in-house sponsorship management team and will get hands on experience related to delivering and activating sport sponsorships.
The internship is an hourly, paid part time role in the 11th Hour Racing offices; final schedule to be agreed between intern and company. The internship can be taken for course credit as well, if the student so desires. In addition to the weekly schedule, the intern will need to be available full-time from approximately July 10-July 19 to assist with delivering a particular sponsorship event.
This position is based in Newport, RI.
- Assist with maintaining 11th Hour Racing sponsorship portfolio
- Work alongside the 11th Hour Racing Sponsorship team to deliver one local event sponsorship
- Research projects related to current and potential new sponsorships
- Review of sponsorship deliverables with an eye toward data analytics and other metrics
- Research and share knowledge of current events in the environmental movement and marine conservation as they relate to organizational objectives
- Assist with other projects and activities as assigned
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL, & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Brings a passion for the mission of 11th Hour Racing
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Ability to work legally in the United States
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
- Progress toward a college degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing, or similar disciplines with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position. Additional background or formal education in Sport and Sustainability, Marine or Ocean Sciences, Environmental Studies, or similar disciplines helpful
- Interest in managing sports sponsorship
- Excellent word processing skills and fluency with MS Office and Google Suite
- All submissions must be through Indeed.com (https://www.indeed.com/job/internship-sponsorship-intern-summer-2020-707aafbe66d79496)
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter; applications missing either will not be considered
- Application Deadline: Friday February 14, 2020
- No phone calls, please
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Approximately 80% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, the candidate must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. This position primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 50 pounds, kneeling, and bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY 11th Hour Racing is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an atmosphere where diversity of identity, experience, and background are welcomed, valued and supported. 11th Hour Racing believes that diversity brings about greater sustainability on all levels and aims to use its resources to generate greater social and environmental diversity through its grantmaking and other related investments. 11th Hour Racing is committed to considering candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability and any other status protected under applicable law, and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. We actively invite people of all backgrounds to apply with us.
OTHER INFORMATION Interns must adhere to all applicable organizational policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Background check will be conducted for the final candidate.