202 South Church Lane; Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1410
Tappahannock, Virginia 22560
Telephone: (804) 443-0267; Fax: (804) 443-4039
Dr. Rachel P. Ball, Director
2020-2021 School Year
Marine and Environmental Science Teacher
Chesapeake Bay Governor's School (CBGS) is a 10th-12th grade school for high ability students in the Middle Peninsula and Northern Neck region of Virginia. CBGS serves approximately 240 students from 14 counties through a shared-day program with the students’ home district high schools.
CBGS faculty teach each school day from 7:30 - 10:30 AM (after which students return to their home high schools). Teachers are expected to plan collaboratively with colleagues, to provide extra help in their demanding courses (sometimes traveling to the students’ home high schools for meetings), and to lead weekend field experiences (a hallmark of CBGS).
- Virginia collegiate or postgraduate professional license or eligibility for a provisional license
- Teaching (or equivalent) experience preferred
- Master’s degree with sufficient graduate credits in the content area (CBGS students receive dual enrollment credits through Rappahannock Community College.) If you are not sure if your credentials suffice to teach dual enrollment, please apply and we will review your resume and transcripts.
- Relating positively to high school students, with particular emphasis on the needs of gifted and high achieving learners
- Planning and delivering effective lessons that meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of students
- Creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; communicating objectives effectively to students; establishing high expectations for academic success and classroom behavior; employing a variety of instructional techniques and blended learning strategies; and assessing the accomplishments of students on a regular basis
- Communicating professionally and effectively with colleagues, supervisors, and parents
- Participating in faculty and/or department meetings, professional learning sessions, and weekend field experience trips with our students
TO APPLY: Please complete an online application through our hosting school division, Middlesex County Public Schools. The link can be found at https://www.applitrack.com/mcps/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Chesapea...
Include a resume and cover letter directed to Dr. Rachel Ball, Director – Chesapeake Bay Governor’s School.
CBGS Program Sites:
Rappahannock Community College – Glenns (804) 758-6788
Rappahannock Community College – Warsaw (804) 333-1306
Caroline County School Administration Building (804) 633-3406
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $65,000.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday