IBSS is looking for a full-time Program Manager to provide contract and personnel management in support of NOAA Fisheries programs (Northeast Fisheries Science Center and Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office). The successful candidate will have some background in science and policy for fisheries, wildlife, ecosystems (emphasis on oceans and coasts), experienced in managing large federal contracts, customer-focused, responsive, reliable, and detail-oriented with solid managerial, communication, and problem-solving skills. You must have prior experience in both project management and team management. Duties will be performed in the greater Boston area (Gloucester & Woods Hole, MA). If you are looking to be an instrumental part of a growing, employee and customer-focused company working on exciting issues in environmental science and other marine /coastal resources, we want to hear from you!
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- 5+ years of program and project management experience with federal contracts, including budgets and personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline
- Ensuring programs and activities are met including customer satisfaction, program performance, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Overseeing multiple project teams to achieve deliverables.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Proven ability to successfully communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders on project issues and decisions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Master's Degree (Biology, Fish, Wildlife or Environmental science, Fisheries Management, Oceanography, Aquaculture, Marine Science)
- PMP Certification, preferred
- Experience with NOAA, NMFS specifically
- Business development and proposal writing experience
- Manage contractual obligations and performance (reporting, invoicing, client relationships, project/program guidance, managing employees)
- Introduce, advocate and execute process changes for continual improvement in service provided to client and for employee retention.
- Assist with business development of scientific programs, including capture and proposal efforts.
- Manage contract budget and personnel for maximum productivity.
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports.
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Responsible for the successful performance of all work identified in the Performance Work Statement
- Provide excellent customer service solutions, ensuring all customer deliverables meet or exceed requirements.
- Ensure clear and direct communications with the customer.
- Establish positive and professional relationships with customer and employees
- Plan and manage cost, schedule, and resources.
- Direct, control and approve actions to meet or exceed program requirements.
- Identify and manage program risks and risk mitigation activities.
- Monitor, manage, and report performance metrics to ensure contract compliance.