ATCS is seeking Environmental Specialists to support FEMA disaster recovery efforts throughout the United States. This is an exciting opportunity to join a recently awarded Public Assistance Contract (PA-TAC IV) throughout the East and Gulf Coasts.
These temporary opportunities require 100% travel (deployment) for up to 12 months. Expenses are reimbursed by ATCS.
Key Role Requirements:
The Environmental Specialist will conduct comprehensive environmental reviews and produce reports and supporting documentation under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for the full range of environmental compliance requirements. This person will review projects for compliance with environmental regulations, prepare environmental documents and will conduct surveys, assessments and reviews of areas of impact such as water quality, wetland delineations, sole or principle drinking aquifers, prime farmlands and other ecologically significant or geographically unique areas as determined. The Environmental Specialist will perform analyses to ensure that all reasonable alternatives have been evaluated in accordance with Federal criteria and that these alternatives meet all Federal laws and requirements.
- Must be a US Citizen per contract requirements
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance which involves a Moderate Background Investigation with fingerprint and credit checks
- Must possess an undergraduate degree with 2 years of professional experience (5 to 20+ years of experience strongly preferred). Senior level staff are encouraged to apply
- Ability to be deployed at disaster locations for up to one year
- Experience in reviewing projects for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Prior experience working with FEMA’s PA Program is desired
- Knowledge of the requirements of the following legislation is strongly preferred:
- Endangered Species Act
- Clean Water Act
- Clean Air Act
- Coastal Barrier Resources Act
- Coastal Zone Management Act
- Farmland Protection Policy Act
- Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
- Executive Order 11988—Floodplain Management
- Executive Order 11990—Protection of Wetlands
- Executive Order 12898—Environmental Justice