Do you love the ocean? Are you ready to be part of a team to strengthen, support, and promote global organizations dedicated to preserving ocean environments around the world? The Ocean Foundation, a DC-based non-profit international community foundation is looking for a Senior Program Associate to join our team!https://tof.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=21
The position will be a member of our Core Programs and Consulting team and will directly support the International Ocean Acidification Initiative. This position can be based in either Seattle or Washington, D.C., however, until normal business operations resume per COVID-19 precautions this position may work remotely. This position offers opportunities for growth and promotion to a Manager level based on performance.
This position will be responsible for providing technical and operational support to TOF Core Programs, including the International Ocean Acidification Initiative. Job responsibilities include the development of technical training materials related to ocean acidification and coastal restoration, programmatic budgeting, fundraising, program implementation including the design and delivery of training workshops, general operations, strategic partnership development, and communications. In addition, this position shall support efforts to foster greater diversity, equity and inclusion in the design and execution of all TOF programs.
The Senior Associate’s work will include the development of technical training tools for ocean acidification including lab procedures, field guides, training videos, and template data reporting forms. The Senior Associate will also assist with the delivery of technical training programs, management of the Pier-2-Peer Scholarship fund and other grant-making programs, fundraising and strategic partnership development, including proposal drafting and preparation, and the development of communications and marketing materials.
- A master’s degree in ocean or coastal science OR at least two years of technical lab and/or field experience focused on ocean science
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a non-profit or project-focused setting
- Strong working knowledge of ocean acidification or ocean and coastal observing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google products required; experience with Salesforce and Asana a plus; comfort in a Mac environment
- Multilingual verbal and written skills in English and Spanish a plus