The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) was Louisiana’s first, statewide non-profit organization dedicated to coastal restoration. CRCL drives bold, science-based action to sustain a dynamic coastal Louisiana through engagement and advocacy. CRCL connects with thousands of people each year through volunteers who plant marsh grasses and trees across our coast, membership, newsletters and the State of the Coast conference. CRCL brings together a diverse and non-partisan set of interests through its partnerships, Board of Directors and Coastal Advisory Committee.
The Restoration Program Director is responsible for the overall development and management of CRCL’s restoration programming comprised of the Habitat Restoration Program and the Oyster Shell Recycling Program and monitoring of all CRCL’s restoration projects. This includes designing, planning, funding, budgeting, and executing projects across the Louisiana coastal zone.
The Restoration Programs Director reports to the Executive Director, participates on CRCL’s Leadership Team, manages an internal program team and works across the organization to advance program goals. The ideal Restoration Program Director is an innovative and a highly motivated team player who works well with numerous partners, federal, state and local agencies and volunteers to deliver projects that are effective on the ground and educational, fun and safe for volunteers. The Restoration Program Director must have extensive knowledge of coastal systems and program planning, as well as budget management and excellent organization and time management skills.
The successful candidate will join a talented staff, and enjoy a high-energy flexible work environment. This is a tremendous opportunity for a coastal leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well- respected, high-impact organization.
- Develop and manage the resources and operations of the Oyster Shell Recycling Program, the Habitat Restoration Program, and monitoring of CRCL’s restoration projects.
- Oversee the research, planning, execution and management of coastal restoration projects and volunteer events and the development of new restoration projects.
- Identify potential project sites and partners including landowners, state/federal agencies, local governments, NGOs, and communities on the frontlines of coastal land loss.
- Assist in identifying and securing funding and developing new operating models and sustainability plans to maintain and grow both programs.
- Manage project and grant reporting to partners and funders.
- Manage two or more staff members who work to support CRCL’s restoration programming.
- Ensure effective communication between program stakeholders including volunteers, restaurants, local governments, communities, and others.
- Seek opportunities for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice into our projects
- Ability to coordinate between CRCL programs, partners, board members, volunteers and vendors to ensure the successful implementation of CRCL’s restoration programming.
- Knowledge of Louisiana’s coastal challenges and the proposed solutions
- Ability to execute multiple initiatives concurrently
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm to represent and promote CRCL’s Restoration Programs.
- Dedication to CRCL’s mission.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience with concentration in coastal science or natural resource management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on coastal habitat restoration projects or programs, in the Gulf of Mexico region preferred
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of project development, program and project management, project budgeting, and collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience securing and managing grant funding.
- Experience managing contracts and cooperative agreements.
- Adept in a rapidly changing environment and able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Approachable with good listening and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to periodically travel to other parts of the state.
CRCL has a deep sense of pride and passion for collaboration. We strive to ensure people are included and valued. To accelerate the solutions for the many coastal issues affecting Louisiana’s coast, CRCL embraces a social responsibility to incorporate diverse ideas, perspectives and backgrounds to create a strong and equitable work environment to deliver results. We support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas and we encourage women, veterans, people who identify as LGTBIQ, people of African ancestry, and developing professionals to join the CRCL team.
Compensation: Expected range: $65,000 – $75,000, commensurate with experience. Includes 100% employee’s health insurance and generous retirement plan contributions.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Thomas.Donley [at] CRCL.org by NOON ON DECEMBER 4, 2020.
Screening will be performed by a three to five-person interview committee. Interviews will occur in December virtually through ZOOM.
Expected Start Date
January 2021 (negotiable)
Please include all experience, including professional and personal experience, that is relevant to the position.
Please include contact information and answers to the following two questions (feel free to copy and paste these two questions into a word document when sending your cover letter):
Question 1: Describe an experience you are especially proud of where you collaborated with several different groups, individuals, or partners to achieve a common goal.
Question 2: What motivates you?
To apply for this job email your details to Thomas.Donley [at] CRCL.org (subject: Application%20via%20Restoration%20Program%20Director%20listing%20on%20https%3A%2F%2Fsevenseasmedia.org)