- Serve as the lead investigator or team member on various research projects.
- Participate in industry meetings, scientific symposia, workshops and conferences in order to support and present NOAA mission critical projects, and perform regular visits to fishing ports.
- Manipulate and help to maintain fisheries related databases.
- Conduct statistical analysis and modeling exercises to understand fisheries, population, and ecosystem dynamics
- Develop and maintain collaborations with other scientists to progress the utility, application, and impact of cooperative research data in stock assessments, ecosystem based fisheries science, fisheries oceanography, and other disciplines and management
- Develop and maintain documentation, metadata, and data dictionaries that support data processing.
- Audit and process GPS, temperature, and fishing effort data; analyze data using appropriate statistical, mathematical, graphical or other quantitative techniques; document problem data.
- Query Oracle databases to track vessel participation, create summaries, graphs, tables, charts, or data visualizations for leadership and outreach documents.
- Author or assist in producing fishery related reports and publications; review reports, products, and associated documents.
- Update Public Access for Research Results (PARR) inventory.
- Fulfill internal and external data requests.
- Participate in the observation, collection, sorting and processing of fish catch, marine mammal or other samples for their use as biological data.
- Assist in developing outreach materials, including user manuals, troubleshooting guides, newsletters and articles on Cooperative Research accomplishments, challenges and objectives.
- Assist in documentation and development of research-related permit applications.
- Provide logistical and at-sea support for industry participants in cooperative research programs; including recruitment with community leaders, program introductions, port visits to identify set- up requirements and constraints, equipment deployment and training, troubleshooting support and data collection, and participate in research cruises as necessary
EMPLOYMENT TYPEPermanent, Full-Time
EARLIEST START DATEOpen until filled
SALARY RANGECommensurate with experience
TechGlobal Inc. is looking for highly motivated individuals to support our growing federal practice in IT infrastructure operations and maintenance. Having been in business for over 12 years, we offer a strong innovative team, excellent work environment and a commitment to client satisfaction.Our IT technical expertise is second-to-none and our dedication to customer service, rapid response and flawless execution is a core value that distinguishes TechGlobal Inc. from its competitors. If you are driven to excel, we want you!
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS
- B.S. degree in a field directly related to the task requirements.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area or of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree or master’s or equivalent graduate degree.
- Have served as a researcher or member of a research team performing research on commercial fisheries or related resource management.
- Have experience with identifying and applying technical solutions in a fisheries research settings.
- Have demonstrated computer programming experience in SQL and Oracle.
- Have demonstrated experience analyzing complex (i.e. fisheries) data sets.
- Have demonstrated experience writing scientific papers for publication.
- Have demonstrated experience in preparing summary reports.
- Have demonstrated experience in identification, collection, sorting and processing of fish samples.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a strong ability to work closely with team members.
- Have a proven ability to work collaboratively with members of the commercial fishing industry, including working at sea.
- Have and maintain CPR/ First Aid and Safety-At-Sea training
- Work independently with little supervision to accomplish tasks.
Skills/certifications and/or credentials:
- Current MS Office skills
- NSC Defensive Driving Course
- Valid Driver’s License
- SQL and Oracle
- CPR/ First Aid and Safety-At-Sea training