Lynker Technologies, LLC (Lynker) is currently seeking to hire a talented individual to serve as a Mid-Atlantic Regional Marine Debris Coordinator for the Office of Response and Restoration (ORR). This individual will work with NOAA’s Marine Debris Program (MDP) (www.marinedebris.noaa.gov), which is headquartered in NOAA’s Silver Spring, Maryland offices. The Mid-Atlantic Regional Marine Debris Coordinator position will be located in Silver Spring, MD.
ORR (www.response.restoration.noaa.gov) is a program office in the National Ocean Service that responds
to threats in order to protect and restore coastal resources. To do this, ORR provides interdisciplinary scientific response to releases of oil, chemicals, contaminants, and marine debris as well as protects and restores NOAA trust resources.
- Oversee and/or provide support to marine debris related projects, activities, and actions in the Mid-Atlantic region, which includes Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Virginia.
- Support the planning and implementation of the newly created Mid-Atlantic Marine Debris Action Plan.
- Coordinate with federal and state partners in the region on marine debris issues.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and media events related to marine debris efforts in the region.
- Provide expertise and oversight for MDP-funded projects, including conducting associated environmental compliance work.
- Identify opportunities and participate in outreach and educational events with the public, school groups, and industry partners focused on prevention of marine debris.
- Give presentations and participate in Congressional briefings in the region related to marine debris.
- Master’s in biology or environmental science or related field. If the candidate does not have a Master’s then an undergraduate degree in biology or environmental science or related field with significant work experience and understanding of marine debris issues.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Experience working on and leading interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and strategic thinker.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience working in the region or the federal government is preferred.
Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and experience as related to this position
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.