Lynker is seeking to hire a part-time (24 hrs/week) Volunteer Program Coordinator to support the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary (MBNMS) Sanctuary Exploration Center (SEC). Designated in 1992, MBNMS is a federally protected marine area offshore of California's central coast. Personnel at MBNMS provide resource protection through management, research, and education programs that foster public understanding and stewardship of this nationally significant marine ecosystem.
Located in Santa Cruz, CA, the SEC is the premiere visitor center for MBNMS and for ONMS on the west coast. Its mission is to foster stewardship of Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary by connecting visitors to the water, geology, and life within it; to engender appreciation for maritime and cultural resources protected by the sanctuary; and to highlight the role of technology in understanding sanctuary resources.
The Volunteer Program Coordinator shall work with SEC staff to develop and deliver training and ongoing education to visitor center volunteers and interpretive docents to prepare them for duty at the Sanctuary Exploration Center in accordance with NOAA volunteer protocols and guidelines. Services shall include:
- Marketing to the local Santa Cruz community to encourage docent sign ups.
- Designing and implementing a successful docent training and retention program.
- Coordinating weekly, monthly and quarterly docent enrichments and appreciation events, as well as assisting with training of volunteer monitoring programs based in the Santa Cruz region.
- Coordinating docents for the SEC, for public programs and for special events.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of experience from an accredited college or university in biology or marine science and experience in marine education or interpretive programs.
- Working knowledge of physical and biological sciences, sanctuary regulations and educational approaches related to environmental management and policy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to motivate individuals.
- Able to attend to details, effectively prioritize a variety of competing tasks under strict timelines and meet multiple deadlines and approval processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Mac and/or Windows platforms.
- Ability to assess problems and recommend policies and actions and skill in originating new approaches or adapting existing approaches to develop and carry out projects.
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.