Guidelines for Strengthening the Sustainable Socio-economic Role of Mediterranean Marine and Coastal Protected Areas
The specific objectives of this document are:
- To initiate a sustainable socio-economic approach applied to the context of Mediterranean MPAs.
- To strengthen the socio-economic role of Mediterranean MPAs.
- To guide MPA managers and stakeholders towards income generating activities in MPAs and surrounding territories.
- To change the perception of decision-makers on MPAs as a natural capital investment project.
- To guide integrated marine and coastal conservation policies in the Mediterranean.
To the extent, this document represents an interesting piece of work for MPAs programme staff, economists, scientists, decision-makers in charge of the management of marine and coastal natural resources in the Mediterranean countries that are Contracting Parties in the Barcelona Convention.