A framework for implementing evidence in policymaking: Perspectives and phases of evidence evaluation in the science-policy interaction
• The implementation of evidence in policymaking requires a guideline referenced by scientists and political makers.
• Five perspectives cover the points that should be considered in the process of producing and using evidence.
• Institutionalization via the science-policy interaction prescribes a way of evaluating the process of producing and using evidence.
• Reference framework promotes evidence-based policymaking and its implementation.
• Case study on mercury pollution proves how the framework provides specific guidance that can promote evidence-based policy and practice.