Cetacean manual for MPA managers
The MedMPAnet Project collaborated recently with MedPAN network and ACCOBAMS permanent secretariat in the publication of a new technical tool designed for MPA managers and dealing with the best practices for protecting cetaceans in the ACCOBAMS area.
The cetacean manual for MPA managers, published in October 2013, provides a comprehensive overview of the main cetaceans species regularly present in the ACCOBAMS area and reviews the following subjects:
- The monitoring of cetaceans populations in MPAs,
- The existing data and networks for cetaceans,
- The administrative and scientific guidelines to deal with dead and live stranding,
- The sustainable whale watching and volunteering activities,
- other socio-economic aspects.