The Lenfest Ocean Program will host a one-hour webinar on Tuesday, February 5 at 2:30 PM Eastern time/11:30 AM Pacific time featuring Dr. Brian Silliman, Professor of Marine Conservation Biology at Duke University. He will discuss his research to improve coastal restoration by testing whether biological partnerships between organisms can increase yields and decrease costs under a variety of environmental conditions. To register, click here.
Background: The Lenfest Ocean Program is a grantmaking program that funds scientific research that is useful to ocean and coastal management. Last year, Lenfest funded Dr. Silliman to investigate if restoration success could be improved at large spatial scales and under various environmental conditions by taking advantage of natural partnerships between organisms. He is now conducting experiments at four active restoration sites around the world, including North Carolina, California, The Netherlands, and China. In addition, what we learn from this project will be applicable to restoration practice in many more areas. Click here to download the fact sheet on the project.
This webinar is open to all interested, so feel free to forward this information to your networks.
Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Time: 2:30 PM Eastern time/11:30 AM Pacific time
For remote access:
Please fill out the registration form before the event is scheduled to begin.
Event number: 799 399 874
Event password: restore2019
For teleconference audio after you join the webinar, either:
- Select “Call Using Computer”
- Select “Call me” and provide your phone number (recommended)
- Call the number below and enter the access code.
- In the U.S. and Canada, dial 1-855-214-7745.
- In Australia, dial 61-0-291866690.
- For additional global call in numbers click here.
- Enter conference code 609 216 9542
- After dialing the conference code, be sure to enter the Attendee ID that will appear on your screen. You will not be prompted to do so.