This webinar originally aired on 7 February 2018.
- Jay Austin of the Environmental Law Institute
- Richard Charter of the Ocean Foundation
- Tim Charters of the National Ocean Industries Association
- Sarah Winter Whelan of the American Littoral Society
- Sarah Carr of the EBM Tools Network
Brief: The Trump Administration has proposed a plan to significantly expand oil and gas drilling in US waters. This panel will explore the potential impacts of that plan on existing ocean management frameworks. Among other issues, the panel will address: where the proposed drilling plan goes from here (next steps, timelines); potential impacts of the plan on National Marine Sanctuaries and Marine National Monuments; potential impacts on existing regional marine spatial plans; and potential impacts on offshore renewable energy development.
This event was co-hosted by OCTO, MPA News, MEAM, OpenChannels, and the EBM Tools Network (co-coordinated by OCTO and NatureServe).