This webinar originally aired on 1 October 2020.
As marine spatial planning (MSP) operates in a changing ocean, properly addressing and integrating climate effects is vital. However, few marine spatial plans properly or explicitly consider climate change. This is a complex topic, full of intricacies, dimensions, and challenges (scientific, socioeconomic, and political), and multiple solutions will be needed. We highlight ways forward, based on real examples around the globe, on how climate change can be integrated into MSP. Links with global ocean governance goals and sustainable development will be explored.
Co-sponsors: OCTO (EBM Tools Network, The Skimmer, OpenChannels, MPA News, MarineDebris.info)
Presented by: Catarina Frazão Santos of the University of Lisbon and NOVA-SBE and Tundi Agardy of Sound Seas
Video interviews featured during the presentation:
- Elena Gissi: https://vimeo.com/464337948
- Sara Garcia-Morales: https://vimeo.com/464337570
- Larry Crowder: https://vimeo.com/464337518
- Francisco Andrade: https://vimeo.com/464337509
- Helena Calado: https://vimeo.com/464336891
- Miguel Fernandes: https://vimeo.com/464336707
- Mike Orbach: https://vimeo.com/464336476